Wednesday, February 15, 2017

Hello Ikaria

At about quarter to midnight, I can see the lights at the western end of Ikaria, but it takes another half an hour to get to Agios Kirikos and the ferry landing. Of course, I am the first in line to get off the ferry and step ashore. What a feeling. My new home.
Arrival in Agios Kirikos, Ikaria

Passengers disembarking ferry in Agios Kirikos

Ferry "Nissos Rodos" in Agias Kirikos

Daidalos Studio

View from my room
I walk to town, which is three minutes away, and from a car rental office call Kostas, who shows me to my room.
It is tiny, but beautiful and everything is there: heat, hot water, plugs for everything even coffee, sugar and pasta in the kitchenette. Very nice place and it shows love, caring and friendliness.
It's now two in the morning, so finally time for bed.